Position Title: Shop Assembly Lead
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of establishing job expectations and guiding annual evaluations. It should not be considered a detail of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Shop Assembly Lead will fully support line of assignment related to production requirements. This will include assisting with establishing key performance standards, coaching and mentoring assembly line members to become problem solvers. And performing key communication functions to assist with continuous improvement activities.
- Assist with completion of production work schedule daily.
- Coaches and mentors line employees to become problem solvers
- Communicates and enables safety activities on line of responsibility
- Balances quality, productivity and costs in daily activities
- Manages departmental performance measures through the use of visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Assists with employment decisions.
- Assists with resolving employee issues through problem resolution.
- Assists with accident investigations.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others by coaching, training and mentoring.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead, plan and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Supervision, including employee retention, performance review and discipline.
- Employee training and development.
- An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- An ability to manage multiple priorities.
Experience and Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Three to five years of manufacturing experience desired. Agricultural experience is a plus.
Please send resumes to email@example.com for consideration.