Install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists. May administer network security measures.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Load computer tapes and disks, and install software and printer paper or forms.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
- Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Implement and provide technical support for voice services and equipment, such as private branch exchange, voice mail system, and telecom system.
- Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Train people in computer system use.
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Perform any other tasks asked by management that promotes the continued success of the company.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.