Full-time exempt position with functional reporting to the Vice President of Economic Development
with primary responsibility to maintain, enhance, and support community economic development
functions. This position is primarily the first point of contact for communication and inquiries into the
Greater Grenada Partnership (GGP) office and will direct those inquiries and respond appropriately.
This person will be participating in outreach to existing corporate CEOs within targeted industry
sectors, and other community partners through business retention visits, industry-specific trade
organization meetings, phone calls, and face-to-face meetings. Other responsibilities are to assist the
Vice President in project management, small business, workforce development, entrepreneurial and
community development as well as provide administrative support to the Vice President including but
not limited to event planning and other office functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Vice President in the creation and execution of strategic initiatives to recruit new
business to the Greater Grenada area.
- Have a working knowledge of local and state incentive programs for prospective businesses as
well as private and not-for-profit business resources.
- Assist the Vice President with attraction projects and prospect response and delivery.
- Follow-up with prospect contacts to confirm receipt of proposals/verify whether more information is required.
- Proactively organize site visits that close deals and create local jobs for the community.
- Assist the Vice President with business marketing programs that include but are not limited to business surveys, direct mailing campaigns, and trade shows.
- Participate in public speaking to discuss business resources, as appropriate.
- Research and create a database for business recruitment.
- Be willing to attend community and business events to establish and maintain business contacts and increase business intelligence knowledge.
Business Expansion and Retention:
- Assist the Vice President in maintaining the BRE Plan/Strategy.
- Have a working knowledge of local and state incentive programs for existing businesses as well as private and not-for-profit business resources.
- Assist the Vice President with existing business outreach programs that include but are not limited to existing business surveying, direct mailing campaigns, and roundtable forums.
- Partner with local Workforce board/educational institutions to promote programs available.
- Partner with GGP stakeholders to accomplish strategic initiatives and goals.
- Assist in the design of and participate in local retention initiatives; engage in follow-up contact by arranging appointments.
- Market programs/services to local and target industry business contacts to generate new economic base.
- Continually update Vice President on performance metrics and maintain accurate and up-to-date accounts.
- Participate in public speaking to discuss business assistance resources, as appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate employee recruitment opportunities for our largest employers.
- Research and create a database for business assistance.
- Be willing to attend community and business events to establish and maintain business contacts
and increase business intelligence knowledge.
Public Relations and Community Outreach:
- Design and distribute press releases to announce events or business-related successes at the direction of the Vice President.
- Assist and support the Vice President with investor relations and investor development programs.
- Develop and distribute community updates to public officials, investors, stakeholders, partners, and the general public.
- Provide support and coordination for conferences, special meetings, luncheons, and other programs and seminars that may take place throughout the year.
Small Business and Entrepreneurship:
- Coordinate small business low-interest loan programs.
- Assist the Vice President in the creation and execution of strategic initiatives to further strengthen the resources available to small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Work with the Small Business Development Center and have a working knowledge of what resources are available to small businesses.
External Marketing and Other Duties:
- Maintain and update the organization’s website and other social media communications.
- Assist in the negotiation and the management of professional services contracts, property sales or acquisition, and economic development-oriented activities, as assigned.
- Create and maintain contact databases of site selection consultants, commercial brokers, and corporate management.
- Perform other related duties required to meet policy and program goals of the GGP.
Project Management experience required.
2-4 years of economic development or community development related experience
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Tools (esp. Social Media).
Ability to perform basic research and analyze data using acceptable research practices and to formulate
alternatives and recommendations.
Ability to prepare written and graphic materials; to compose clear and concise reports; to prepare and
make presentations; and to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with citizens, professional
peers, and elected officials.
Skill in research and manipulation of data.
Ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, outgoing and energetic demeanor.
Strong interpersonal and organizational management skills.
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite
knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job, may be substituted for evaluation at the discretion of
Residency preferred in Grenada County, MS.
Some overnight and weekend travel required.
A competitive benefits package will be offered based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
The selected candidate will be expected to continue their community economic development education
via workshops, webinars, certificate programs, and other events.
To apply: Please read and follow the directions below. Applications will not be considered complete
without all of the following information.
- Cover letter
- A short description of your Project Management experience.
- Salary Requirements
All applications should be sent to email@example.com.